GMTM Consultants

South African Head Office

57 Swarthout Street, Doringkloof, Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa, 0157

Telephone numbers:

From within South Africa: (012) 6709010 or (012) 6709022

From outside South Africa: (0027) 12 6709010 or (0027) 12 6709022


Office Hours Monday to Friday   9:00 to 15:00

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via e-mail Print

Official South African Document Retrieval, Authentication and Legalisation Specialists


Police Clearance Certificate

Criminal Record Expunge Mint

Vehicle Administration

• Vehicle Police Clearance Clearance

• Vehicle Export

• License and Registration

Birth Certificates

Marriage Certificates

Death Certificates

Letter of No Impediment

Document Authentication

And Legalisation

Document Apostille and Authentication

Education Certificate Authentication

Embassy Legalisation

About Us

Criminal Record

Personal Documents

Divorce Certificates

Notary Copy

Contact Us

Duplicate Educational Documents

Medical Certificate Authentication

Terms and Conditions

Translation of Documents

SANDF Exemption Letter

Good Standing Certificates

Other Services

General Information


Birth, marriage Death Registration

Check your Status

ID  Marriage Alive

Fees and Cost

South African citizenship can, subject to the provisions of the South African Citizenship Act,1995,  be acquired by birth, descent, naturalisation and previously also by registration in specific instances.

Citizenship by birth: any person who is born in South Africa and who had at least one parent who was a South African citizen or SA permanent residency permit holder at the time of birth of the person or who was adopted by a South African citizen or permanent resident in terms of the Children’s Act, 2005.

Citizenship by descent: if you were born outside of South Africa to a South African citizen(s) or were adopted by a South African citizen in terms of the Children’s Act, 2005 and your birth was registered in accordance with the births and Deaths Registration Act,1992, you can apply for citizenship by descent by submitting the following documents:

• Form DHA-24, to register your birth in terms of the Births and Deaths Registration Act,1992  In the event you were born out of wedlock  both parents must sign the birth registration Form BI-24 to confirm paternity

• Forms DHA-529 (completed by yourself and your South African parents)

Your foreign, unabridged birth certificate

• Yours and your parents’ marriage certificate (if applicable) and copies thereof

If 15 years and older, an application for an identity document (DHA-9) with two identity document photographs that comply with the Passport and ID Photograph Specifications

Proof of your South African parent(s)’ foreign citizenship (if they have acquired such) and a copies thereof

•Proof of identity of your South African parent(s). f you were adopted by a South African citizen, submit a copy of the adoption order

Citizenship by naturalization: You can apply for naturalisation if you comply with the provisions of section 5 of the South African Citizenship Act, 1995, namely:

Majors.You have a valid permanent residence permit or exemption.As a permanent residency permit holder you have had one year’s ordinary residence in the Republic of South Africa immediately prior to the application for naturalisation

After you acquired permanent residency you have had an additional 4 years of physical (actual) residence in the RSA during the eight years before the application for naturalisation (excluding the year of ordinary residence). Time spent in detention or residence subject to a condition do not count as ordinary or actual residence

Or you are married to a South African spouse, and you have had  two years of permanent residence and two years of marriage to the South African spouse immediately prior to the application but after you acquired permanent residence status

Intend to continue to reside in the Republic or fall within the further categories specified in section 5(1)(e).

You are of good and sound character

You are able to communicate satisfactorily in any one of the official languages of South Africa.

You have adequate knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of a South African citizen

Minors. The responsible parent can apply on behalf of a minor at any time provided the minor permanently and lawfully resides in the Republic.To apply for citizenship by naturalisation the following documents must be submitted:

• Forms DHA-63and DHA-757, completed by yourself • Your SA non-citizen identity document and copy thereof

• Your marriage certificate (if applicable) and copy thereof • If divorced, your decree of divorce and copy thereof

• An application for the re-issue of your identity document, including two identity document photographs that comply with the Passport and ID Photograph Specifications

• The prescribed fee for the re-issue of your identity document  • Proof of permanent residence/exemption and copy thereof

• Form SAP 91 with a full set of fingerprints in order to obtain a police clearance report for applicants 18  years and older

• Your parents or your legal guardian must sign the application form (BI-63 )if you are under the age of 18

• Payment of the prescribed fee for naturalisation

• Citizenship by registration:  this category of citizenship only applies to British citizens who lived in South Africa for at least two years immediately prior to 2 September 1949.

 • You can check the status of your citizenship by contacting the nearest office of the Department of Home Affairs.

If you supplied false information about yourself, or If you are a dual citizen you may be deprived of your SA citizenship if you have, at any time, been sentenced to 12 months or more imprisonment in any country for an offence that would also have been a punishable offence in South Africa, or if deprivation would be in the public interest.

A person will be afforded the opportunity to show cause why he or she should not be deprived of their citizenship before a final decision is taken.

South African Citizenship