VEHICLE DATA DOT / MICRO DOTSTel: (012) 6709022 Cell: 0795975052 Email: email@example.com
Vehicle Export Police Clearance – SARPCO Export Police Clearance – Vehicle Export Permit – Vehicle Police Clearance for Stolen and Recovered – Vehicle Police Clearance for Engine Change – Vehicle Police Clearance for Cross Border Visit / Temporary Export
WHEN DO YOU NEED DATA DOTS OR MICRODOTS ON YOUR VEHICLE?
As of 1 September 2012, new vehicles and vehicles in need of a Police Clearance are legally required to have microdots. Any vehicle owner is free to get their vehicle micro dotted for security purposes – if they choose to do so. All vehicles leaving the factory from 1 September 2012 had to be microdotted.
Micro Dots also known as Data Dots is of .5mm to 1 mm inscribed with a unique number coupled to your vehicle. These microdots are affixed on over a 100places on your vehicle.
LEAD TIME FOR VEHICLE POLICE CLEARANCES
- Appointments are usually obtained within 5 to 7 workdays.
- Fitting takes between 30 minutes and an hour.
BY WHOM ARE DATA DOTS DONE?
- Accredited Fitters
WHAT DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION ARE NEEDED FOR THE VEHICLE TO BE DATA DOTTED.
- Copy of Registration Certificate.
- Copy of Owners ID ( Either passport, ID, or Traffic Register with Passport) not older than 3 months.
- Owners address and contact details.
WHAT IS PROCESS FOR VCASSA TO DATA DOT A VEHICLE ON A CLIENTS BEHALF?
- Contact us or complete the inquiry form.
- We will respond with all the necessary forms and instructions.
- The client completes the forms and gets the originals ready which we will collect with the vehicle.
- Where certified copies are needed, our in house commissioner of oaths will certify documents on collection of the vehicle after inspection of originals.
- The vehicle is collected the day of inspection by one of our consultants and returned the same day. Vehicles are not kept overnight.
- An invoice is sent.
- We prefer Data Dot payments, where necessary, in cash as these payments are usually done in cash.
VEHICLE EXPORT INQUIRY
WHAT DOCUMENTS WILL THE CLIENT RECEIVE BACK?
- DATA Dot Certificate.
Can a Financed Vehicle be Exported
Financed Vehicles can only be Exported with explicit authorization by the finance house.
Finance houses will in general not give consent.
My Vehicle is paid off but the Registration Documents still shows the Finance House as The Title Holder.
The Titleholder and Owner must be the same person or institution.
You will have to register the vehicle to rectify the Registration document.
I have done a Engine Change but the old Engine Number still shows on my Registration Certificate.
You will have to do a Police Clearance to rectify the Engine no then apply for a new Registration Certificate before the Export Clearance can be done.